AP&P Approval Process
Individuals Initiate Proposals
- Discuss the proposal that you have in mind with faculty in your area, your department chair, or program director before you begin completing AP&P forms.
- Both the Undergraduate and Graduate AP&P Committees require proposers to consult with the Registrar's Office, Distance Education, and Graduate School (when applicable) prior to submission of proposals.
- Submit the form with supporting attachments to your department or program curriculum committee. If your department/program does not have such a committee, submit the materials to your chair/director for consideration at the next department meeting.
- Upon approval at the department subcommittee and full department level, the proposal should be submitted to the appropriate college curriculum committee/council.dean's office.
Proposals may require additional approvals at the appropriate councils:
- Once the proposal is approved by all appropriate councils, the proposal should be submitted by the dean's office to either the Undergraduate or Graduate AP&P Committee by the deadlines.
- Dual-listed courses should be submitted to both Undergraduate and Graduate AP&P.
- Proposals will be screened carefully. If there are questions or concerns at that time, the department chair will be contacted regarding the proposals in question.
- The proposals will then be posted to AsULearn for review by members of the respective AP&P Committees.
- Undergraduate AP&P only: Questions/comments can be posted to AsULearn to resolve any issues before the UAP&P meetings.
AP&P Committee Meetings
- A representative from the dean's office and department/program (typically the department chair or program director) should be present at the Curriculum Subcommittee meeting of Graduate AP&P to answer any questions from the Committee.
- Graduate AP&P only: A representative from the program (typically the department chair or program director) should be present at the Curriculum Subcommittee meeting of Graduate AP&P to answer any questions from the Committee.
- Following the approval of either/both AP&P Committees, the final committee minutes must be approved by the Provost prior to any further action.
UNC-GA and SACS Approval
- Following the approval of the Provost, Academic Affairs will submit to UNC-GA and SACS any changes needing additional approvals/notifications.